Sweating is one of the most important and natural ways in which the body cools down and regulates temperature – we all do it. However, if you experience regular excessive sweating, which is more than normal for the environment, then you may suffer from hyperhidrosis.
Hyperhidrosis is a physiological problem that has nothing to do with cleanliness. It is not known why some people are affected and others are not. However, studies show that 1/3 to 1/2 of people with hyperhidrosis have a relative with a similar problem, suggesting that there may be a genetic cause.
Excessive sweating can be uncomfortable and embarrassing, making you feel self-conscious in work and social situations. The good news is that we can help reduce the problem with injection treatments.
Hyperhidrosis treatment benefits
The treatment involves injections to block the chemical signals from your nerves that stimulate your sweat glands in the affected area - thus stopping the sweating.
- No more carrying clean, dry clothes to change throughout the day.
- No more reticent handshakes from fear of sweaty palms.
- No more avoiding social events or feeling self-conscious.
A single treatment can stop your excessive sweating for 4-6 months. We can treat the underarms, hands, feet or any combination. You will need to repeat the treatment every 6 months to maintain results.
Quick facts about our hyperhidrosis treatment
- Treatments are performed by a doctor or nurse.
- The treatment takes 30 minutes.
- A review is performed at 2 weeks where, if necessary, adjustments can be made.
- Full results are achieved at 4 weeks.
- Results typically last 4-6 months.