"Boost your confidence with smoother skin"
What causes acne scarring?
Whilst any type of acne can create scarring, it is usually caused by inflammatory acne, which typically present as deep nodules and cysts. When acne breakouts occur deep within your skin, it often causes tissue damage. Your skin will try to heal this tissue damage by producing new collagen. If too little or too much collagen is produced, you will see scarring. You will increase the risk of scarring if you pick the spots.
What scars can be treated with microneedling?
- Ice pick scars – small holes in the surface of your skin that look like puncture wounds.
- Rolling scars – bands of scar tissue that form under your skin to give an uneven or rolling appearance.
- Boxcar scars – round or oval craters in your skin.
Scar treatments using microneedling
We offer three forms of treatment for scars depending on their size and formation. Your practitioner will recommend the best solution for you when they inspect the scars at consultation:
- Microneedling pen using the Dermapen
- PRP and microneedling with either the Dermapen or ENDYMED INTENSIF
- RF microneedling with ENDYMED INTENSIF
With all treatment plans for scars you should expect 3 to 5 treatments spaced roughly 6 weeks apart.