Injection treatments for migraines
Anti-migraine injection treatments are proven to effectively help manage chronic migraine conditions. 6 quick facts you should know:
- It prevents headaches and migraines before they even start. On average 8 or 9 headache and probable migraine days a month.
- It's given every 12 weeks. If you don’t get treated every 12 weeks, you may not get the full benefit.
- It's a small needle. People say that the injections feel like tiny pinpricks.
- It's injected by a highly trained medical specialist. The treatments are performed by our Clinical Director who was one of the first to be trained in the UK.
- It takes about 15-30 minutes. The treatment is quick and are done at our registered clinic.
- It is approved by NICE for use on the NHS. However, few NHS authorities provide the treatment.
What happens during a migraine treatment?
Is this migraine treatment suitable for me?
Injection treatments can reduce headaches in adults with a chronic migraine condition who suffer 15+ days each month with headaches lasting 4+ hours. It will take 2 treatments, 12 weeks apart to determine how well anti-migraine injections is working for you.
To maintain results - continuous treatment is required every 12 weeks, but each treatment only takes about 15-30 minutes.